How To Farm Cordial in FFXIV (Best Methods)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
Cordial can be bought from several different NPC vendors using a number of different currencies, which include:
- Grand Company seals (best method)
- Bicolor gemstones
- Or trading for a few items that can be found in unspoiled gathering points
It’s a consumable item that can be used to instantly recover 300 GP (350 if the high-quality version is used).
Other ways of obtaining cordial include finding some in treasure hunts, doing daily beast tribe quests for the Qitari, and crafting as a level 50 alchemist.
From all of these options, purchasing cordial with Grand Company seals would be the most efficient, since you can start earning them early on in the game through several different means.
But let’s look into all of these options in more detail.
Purchasing Cordial with Grand Company Seals
You can start earning seals after joining one of the three Grand Companies through the Level 20 Main Scenario Quest “The Company You Keep.”
Once you’ve chosen a Grand Company, you can go to their headquarters and purchase cordial from the Quartermaster NPC for 500 seals.
Grand Company quartermasters can be found in the following locations:
- Flame Quartermaster: Ul’dah – Steps of Nald (X:8.4, Y:9.1)
- Serpent Quartermaster: New Gridania (X:9.9, Y:11.0)
- Storm Quartermaster: Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X:13.2, Y:12.8)
And you can earn GC seals by any of these methods:
- Completing Grand Company Levequests
- Completing Grand Company Hunting Logs
- Participating in FATEs
- Doing your daily Provisioning & Supply missions
- Or participating in Expert Delivery
Grand Company Levequests and Grand Company Hunting Logs operate the same way as your normal levequests and hunting logs – with the added bonus of earning seals upon completion.
FATEs in zones up to the Stormblood expansion will reward you with seals simply by participating in them, regardless of whether or not you were able to complete the objective.
Your contribution towards progressing the objective determines how many seals you obtain from them.
Supply and provisioning missions are given out by each Grand Company’s Personnel Officer. Here, the NPC will request an item (or set of items) from crafters and gatherers, in exchange for XP and company seals.
The item requested will depend on your crafting or gathering job’s level, and you can turn in 1 mission per job daily. These daily missions reset every 7AM EST.
Expert Delivery can also be done through your Grand Company’s Personnel Officer. This option allows you to turn in any extra pieces of equipment for company seals. Higher item levels = more seals.
There’s also no limit as to how often you can contribute to a Personnel Officer’s Expert Delivery. However, keep in mind that there’s a cap to how many seals a player can hold at any given moment.
The maximum number of seals you can hold depends on your Grand Company rank, which can be checked through the menu under the “currency” section.
Purchasing Cordials with Bicolor Gemstones
Participating in FATEs inside zones introduced in the Shadowbringers expansion and later will no longer reward you with Grand Company seals.
Instead, you’ll receive bicolor gemstones, along with the experience points and gil you normally get.
FATE participation in these zones will also progress your Shared FATE ranking.
You can spend your bicolor gemstones at Gemstone Traders found in each zone of Shadowbringers and Endwalker. Items available for purchase at these traders will depend on your Shared FATE ranking for the corresponding zone.
You can purchase cordial for 4 bicolor gemstones from the following NPCs:
- Goushs Ooan – The Tempest (X:33.2, Y:18.0)
- Halden – Amh Araeng (X:10.7, Y:17.1)
- Nacille – The Rak’tika Greatwood (X:28.0, Y:18.3)
- Siulmet – Lakeland (X:35.6, Y:20.6)
- Sul Lad – Il Mheg (X:16.4, Y:30.8)
- Zumutt – Kholusia (X:11.8, Y:8.9)
Trading Items for Cordial
There’s an NPC named Talan in Mor Dhona (X:22.0, Y:6.9) that can give you cordial in exchange for items found in unspoiled nodes.
The items you can trade for 1 bottle of cordial are:
- 5 Antumbral Rocks
- 10 Umbral Rocks
- 5 Redolent Logs
- 10 Fragrant Logs
And here’s where you can find the unspoiled nodes that contain these items:
Miner Nodes for Talan
- Antumbral Rock – Wellwick Wood, Eastern Thanalan 2AM (X:26.9, Y:18.6)
- Umbral Rock – Rootslake, South Shroud 6AM (X:17.2, Y:28.9)
Botanist Nodes for Talan
- Redolent Log – Naked Rock, Central Shroud 6AM (X:30.8, Y:19.2)
- Fragrant Log – Upper Paths, South Shroud 2AM (X:18.3, Y:23.3)
All of these unspoiled nodes are level 50 and require either the “Truth of Mountains” or “Truth of Forests” action to be active.
They’ll disappear after they’ve been harvested, or after 3 Eorzean hours have passed.
Treasure Hunts for Cordial
Cordials can also be found inside treasure coffers discovered through Timeworn Toadskin Maps.
These maps can be found in level 50 nodes by botanists and miners at the following locations:
Miner Nodes for Maps
- Northern Thanalan (X:22.8, Y:24.3)
- Coerthas Western Highlands (X:29.2, Y:27.9)
- Western La Noscea (X:35.6, Y:29.6)
- East Shroud (X:18.2, Y:24.7)
- Lower La Noscea (X:22.0, Y:34.9)
- Western Thanalan (X:18.2, Y:28.8)
Botanist Nodes for Maps
- Eastern La Noscea (X:17.3, Y:32.2)
- Coerthas Western Highlands (X:31.5, Y:32.3)
- Middle La Noscea (X:20.0, Y: 21.1)
- East Shroud (X:16.7, Y:23.3)
- Central Thanalan (X:29.1, Y:19.8)
- Southern Thanalan (X:14.2, Y:32.2)
Keep in mind that once you collect any type of timeworn map from a gathering point, you won’t be able to harvest another one for 18 hours.
You can, however, purchase as many as you’d like from the Market Board.
Once you have your Timeworn Toadskin Map, use your Decipher action (learned from completing the same quest that unlocks the Treasure Hunt feature, “Treasures and Tribulations”) to reveal the hint for where your coffer can be found.
Toadskin Maps can lead you to any zone introduced in A Realm Reborn.
Trading with The Qitari for Cordial
The Qitari are one of the Beast Tribes you can collaborate with in the Shadowbringers expansion.
You can unlock the Qitari Beast Tribe questline from the quest “The Stewards of Note”, which you’ll get from the Concerned Mother in The Rak’tika Greatwood (X:21.0, Y:27.6).
Once you have the Qitari Beast Tribe quests unlocked, you can start receiving your dailies from Qhoterl Pasol in Rak’tika (X:37.3, Y;17.1).
Here’s a list of quests the NPC might give you that reward with cordial:
- A Tool’s Errand (Friendly Reputation)
- A Touch of Home (Friendly Reputation)
- Her Splendid Materials (Honored Reputation)
- I Have Never Exploded (Respected Reputation)
- If It’s Broke, Fix It (Trusted Reputation)
- Making Scents (Friendly Reputation)
- Meat and Greet (Respected Reputation)
- Mother’s Recipe (Friendly Reputation)
- One Fish, Two Fish, Bread Fish, Stew Fish (Honored Reputation)
- Prayers and Poison (Trusted Reputation)
- Qhoterl’s Chronicles (Honored Reputation)
- Rational Thinking (Friendly Reputation)
- Rings of Pattern (Trusted Reputation)
- Rocl ‘n Ronka (Respected Reputation)
- Safety Is No Accident (Honored Reputation)
- Salve Our Souls (Trusted Reputation)
- Splendid Eats (Honored Reputation)
- The Qitari Book of Records (Respected Reputation)
- There’s No Clean Like Qhoterl Clean (Respected Reputation)
- Where the Sun Don’t Shine (Friendly Reputation)
- You Dirty Rats (Trusted Reputation)
The closest aetheryte to the Qitari camp would be the one in Fanow.
Simply teleport there and head east – you’ll find the Qitari near the entrance to the Qitana Ravel.
Crafting Cordial With Alchemy
Alchemists are able to craft cordial at level 50.
To do so, you must also have learned the recipes from Master Alchemist I.
A copy of Master Alchemist I can be obtained from Talan in Mor Dhona (X:22.0, Y:6.9) in exchange for a Growth Formula Delta Concentrate. This item can also be crafted by alchemists.
Once you get your hands on a copy of Master Alchemist I, cordial can be crafted with the following items:
- x7 Water Crystals
- x5 Lightning Crystals
- x1 Filtered Water
- x1 Rosemary
- x1 Trillium
- x1 Aloe
- x1 Apricot
A successful crafting attempt will yield 3 bottles of cordial.
So if you can stack these materials in bulk, you’ll be able to farm plenty of cordials just by crafting them yourself.